Nyla came down with a stuffy/runny nose Wednesday night. By Friday morning it had cleared up so we went to a demo Music Together class. Friday was day 3 of rain and the turnout was pretty poor. In fact we were the only ones there at one time. Neither child seemed to really like the class. Bohdin was bored and Nyla was just fussy. The real reason for going to the class though was to see the musical instruments. I want to get Nyla a drum for Christmas and thought a few other small things might be nice also. We were able to try out everything after class. It was okay but the real winner was the drum. They had the exact one I wanted to get. Bohdin loved it. I liked it also. It's not a huge drum but I think they'll be able to share it. I may look into additional mallets, a bigger drum, or an additional drum. Bohdin also liked the bongos but not as much. They didn't make a rich deep sound like the cool drum.
I haven't been giving Bohdin additional money but since he's been saving for a long time and the Egypt stuff is on sale at ToysRUs right now he was able to afford the two things he's been saving for. He set it up last night and he and Nyla have been playing for hours this morning. I bought a new cd player for the bedroom after the old one had been broken for months. Bohdin doesn't like to play in a quiet room or so he says. Maybe it's just his excuse for having the tv on. We've been listening to a lot of music in the car and luckily my car cd player broke. Now they can still listen to music at home and I have my radio back in the car.

No comments:
Post a Comment