Monday, November 9, 2009

Packing

We're packing and moving ourselves this time due in part to Buddy's horrible experience with the next computerized system last month. He didn't want to try and schedule another move for us after many many hours trying in October. Buddy and Bohdin picked up boxes in Baltimore Saturday morning and we went to work. Saturday evening I had to stop at the store for more tape and eggs. I couldn't help but notice the difference between my child and the one next to us in line. When we go to the commissary Bohdin helps to unload the basket. This time he also grabbed the full bags and loaded them back into the basket. The girl next to us was sitting in the basket crying. I can't be too smug though since someday I could have one of those also. The girl appeared about three and I'm just a year away from that. I was proud of Bohdin though. He is very helpful and considerate.

The commissary was out of tape so we walked to the PX. They had one roll left so I grabbed it. The lines at the checkout were sort of long so I picked the absolute worst one. The checkout guy was incredibly slow and it appeared there was a problem with each person that went through the line. Bohdin and Nyla looked at the candy and piddled around until it was our turn. After a really long wait it was finally our turn. The cashier told me to wait a moment while he opened a new roll of pennies. Nyla could have opened that pack faster than he did. While he was doing this the previous customer came back and said she had been double charged for an item. He sent her to a manager I guess. The customer returned with the manager (the cashier was still working on those pennies) and they tried to figure out what happened. After at least 5 minutes it turns out that he rang up one item twice and skipped one of the items. She owed the store 24 cents. Now it was finally my turn. The pennies were out of the roll and there didn't seem to be any more surprises. While I was waiting Bohdin and Nyla were playing with a hanger they found on the floor. Each grabbed onto one end and they were pulling each other with it. On the way out I commented to Bohdin that it had taken a really long time. Bohdin didn't mind and said "at least I got to play with Nyla". Soon after we came home I found out that I had left the tape at the store. Bohdin and I went back to retrieve it.




The weather was beautiful yesterday so I took the kids to the playground. It was the busiest I've seen it since last summer. Bohdin only wanted to play with Nyla even though we saw a boy there he had played with before. They went down the slide together with Bohdin wrapping his arms around her neck to start with and then her chest after I corrected him. They also rolled down the hill a few times. They will move on to other friends in time but for now I'm enjoying watching them have so much fun together. It reminds me of me and Paul when we were younger.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too bad that the systems sucks so much. Maybe they need to be told how user unfriendly it is. Unless BO is using that as another cost cutting measure...yeah, make it frustrating enough that everyone moves themselves!!

Helen said...

We'll be reimbursed based on the weight and distance we move. Hopefully we'll come out ahead a few hundred dollars.