Last week Nyla was crying for "my thing". I had no idea what she was talking about. Every item I could think of was not it. Eventually she found it. She was referring to a Playmobil teddy bear. She has an orange one and a yellow one. She prefers the orange one and it has been renamed "orange thing" so as not to confuse it with the vastly inferior yellow one. She really likes to hold this tiny thing. She has taken it in the car with her but I make her leave it in the seat when we get out. As soon as she is back in the car it's back in her hand. She even likes to hold it while going to sleep. I wish she had found a larger item to love. She puts the bear down from time to time but will not look for it. She comes to us and insists that we look. It's so tiny though that it could be anywhere. It has disappeared for hours and even now is missing. She's crying right now but I have Bohdin looking for it.
Nyla has started asking why questions. I've already been through this with Bohdin and have no desire to experience it again. I saw a crane while driving and mentioned that I saw one. Nyla asked why. I told Bohdin to answer her questions.
Nyla: "Why?"
Bohdin: "Because she just does."
Nyla: "Why?"
Bohdin: "Because she just does. I already told you that."
Nyla: "Why?"
Bohdin: "Because she just does. Why do you keep saying why?" A few moments later Bohdin sees the crane also and then excitedly says "That's why! There is a crane out there."
Nyla: "Why?"
I had to chuckle listening to the exchange. I still remember Bohdin asking the endless why questions. Now he has at least moved on to more interesting questions like "What would happen if the rain fell up?" "If this bug was as big as the earth would it have to live on Jupiter?"
We've been scouring craigslist for used furniture before we go but it's tough work. Tuesday night I found some Playmobil stuff. We went to pick it up and paid a great price for a small castle and a barn. Bohdin and Nyla have been playing with both. Last night we went to Arlington to pick up a dresser. On the way back we stopped at the Lincoln Memorial. Buddy has never seen the monuments at night so I thought we should stop. Bohdin had not the slightest interest in the historical aspect of it. He has been asking lots of questions about the Revolutionary war so I thought the Washington Memorial would illicit at least some sort of response but that was not the case.

1 comment:
That is a "small" castle??
Post a Comment