Sunday is when Bohdin usually receives his allowance. This past Sunday I wasn't sure I wanted to give it to him. He had misplaced his money purse and our best guess was that he had left it in the rental minivan. He has been saving since mid September so there was just over $20 in there. Bohdin was sad and I was disappointed. Monday morning after calling the car rental place with no luck I talked to Bohdin about the importance of keeping things in a safe spot. He received five dollars from Nana that day. I told him to put it in a good spot when he arrived home. I was so disappointed to learn later that he was playing with the money and had misplaced it Two misplacement in such a short time was too much for me. I told Bohdin that he was not responsible enough to have an allowance and we would resume it sometime in the future. I'm not sure I made the right decision. Later that night we found the five dollar bill and money purse. Right now they are sitting in my safe keeping.
Nyla copies Bohdin a lot. Last night when both refused to sleep they were sitting on the bed. Bohdin was peeling an apple for a snack and Nyla was butchering one with a butter knife. Bohdin cut himself at one point and said he felt it on his bone. Later Nyla with an imaginary injury came to me saying "Me. Hurt. Bone". She also stole Bohdin's knock knock joke with a punchline of tree come to wash you. Nyla said "Knock. Tree. Wash you! Joke. Funny?".
Nyla had another dentist appointment to take care of the cavity on her molar. It did not go well. The dentist was really patient but when Nyla bit her so hard she almost broke skin it was time to give up. Nyla just did not want to cooperate that day. She wouldn't lay down very long and when she did she wouldn't open her mouth wide enough.

1 comment:
That is one big pyramid
Post a Comment