Connor had to go back home yesterday. His entire visit here Bohdin was his shadow. Bohdin hardly left his side. I'm surprised Connor was able to go to the bathroom by himself. As soon as Bohdin woke in the morning he dressed to go upstairs to Connor's room. He wouldn't go to bed until Connor was going to bed. I'm not sure of everything they did in that time. They played outside a little bit. I think they set up track. They watched some tv. Nyla was a little left out during this time. Bohdin told Connor to slow down a few times and even that was much too fast for Nyla to keep up. Bohdin had a long nap yesterday afternoon to make up for all of his lost sleep the past few days. Eleven year olds don't need as much sleep as four year olds. When he woke up it was almost time for daddy to arrive. We'll see Connor again tomorrow. I was impressed by his patience with Bohdin. It's not fun to have a younger tag along at that age.
Last night I noticed a large scratch and several smaller scratches on the coffee table upstairs. Next to the biggest scratch was a screw. That's where Bohdin and Connor had been spending most of their time. I asked Bohdin what happened. He said it had been scraped. I asked what could make that kind of scrape and he guessed a saw. When I saw the screw I asked if that had been used. He said he didn't think so. I dropped the subject for a few minutes then brought it up again. I wanted to know if Bohdin was responsible for the damage. Bohdin has been lying a bit recently about candy consumption so I can't trust him completely. I told him he would be in even more trouble if I found out he was lying. He said he though he did do it with the screw. We were both crying as we talked about what he did, why it was wrong, and what he would have to do to fix it. We were talking for more than 5 minutes. When Papa came upstairs I thought Bohdin should show him what he had done. Bohdin didn't want to and I pointed it out. It turns out that scratch has been there for a long time. Bohdin did not do it and as soon as Papa said that Bohdin agreed and said he was right. Bohdin said he had been confused. I suppose he only told me what he thought I wanted to hear. It was surprising how easy he could be led to say something that wasn't remotely true.
No comments:
Post a Comment