I had my first midwife appointment today. Buddy wanted me to cancel, switch insurance, and go off post. I thought I would give them a try. It's easier and cheaper this way. We would have to pay money to go offpost and I would have to figure out who to see which is not easy when there isn't really anybody to ask. My appointment was with the LtCol who manges the department. She was really nice and let Bohdin find the baby's heartbeat. He loved that. I saw how his face lit up. The midwife told him that maybe he could be a doctor. Bohdin said in a matter of fact tone "I'm only five years old." I'm measuring fine but Bohdin wasn't involved with that. Afterward we went to her office and had a long chat. Buddy doesn't want a repeat of Bohdin's birth at Ft Hood. He much preferred Nyla's birth. Not the birth but the surroundings, the staff, and that sort of stuff. I discussed his concerns and she gave me a referral to a group off post. I told her that Buddy would be delighted and he was. Even I was kind of excited. It lets me go off post without the hassle of changing insurance. I didn't have a group in mind so she asked around and chose one. I hope they are good. I'll find out tomorrow at my first appointment there I suppose. Bohdin and Nyla did wonderfully sitting through my long boring appointment. I chatted with her for over an hour. I hope they have the patience to endure it again tomorrow.
The kids were hungry despite eating through much of my appointment so I stopped at the food court at the PX and bought each of them a piece of pizza. Nyla was mad that I wouldn't get her a pink lemonade. She was stuck with water. As we were leaving I filled up Bohdin's water bottle and she layed on the floor crying. Bohdin only did that twice ever and it was sort of surprising and embarrassing. With Nyla it just feels like the same old thing. Last night when it was super late and I refused to read her a book she threw herself on the floor and said "You never ever read to me". A few minutes prior to that she cried even longer when she woke up Buddy and in his confusion he told her to go away. She's even crying right now that I'm not putting enough lotion on her arm. Daddy can't do it because "he doesn't do it right". He supposedly wil also not let her on the bed which is blatantly false. Now she's crying that her bandaid is falling off. Time to wrap this up I guess.

7 comments:
I hope your appointment off post goes well today! Are you all going to find out if the baby will be a boy or girl?
Allison is our only one who threw fits in stores. The first time I was embarrassed and then it just became old hat to quickly finish up and get out of the store.
When any of them say crazy stuff because they are frustrated (still happens even with the almost teenagers - maybe even more because of their psycho hormones), we try to just agree with them and then leave the room or send them to another room if they start to throw a fit. For us, it's not worth trying to convince them that we are right and they are clearly incorrect (that would take a million years). After they calm down and become rational people again, we have a brief conversation about whatever the issue was and the older two usually apologize.
I'm trying to convince Bohdin not to argue with her when she says crazy stuff but it's a hard lesson for him. I'm way past the age of needing to convince somebody I am right. I'll post a funny story about that soon.
I do hope to find out the gender next week.
And when you find out will you share?
Maybe. I like finding out right away but I hate to ruin the surprise for everybody else.
It is a surprise no matter when one finds out, Feb, Mar, or July
That's not how you feel about Christmas presents.
No comparison, talking about a tiny person, not a sweater....and maybe someone needs time to get something made; it is harder to choose what to do not knowing......
Post a Comment