Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shoveling

We woke to snow Tuesday morning. It was our biggest snow of the year at five inches. Nyla had trouble walking around in the snow until I shoveled a path for her. Both she and Bohdin have snow shovels now and tried to help. After a while Bohdin got the hang of it and did part of the driveway. Buddy had already shoveled part of it in the morning so Bohdin just had to take the additional half inch off that had fallen later. Nyla was not having fun outdoors. She wanted me to swing her but I didn't want to so she cried and cried. That swing will be gone soon I think. Bohdin offered to push her but she continued to cry because she didn't like the way he was pushing. Finally Bohdin told her that if she didn't stop crying he would stop swinging her. She didn't stop and I was glad to see Bohdin walk away. I took Nyla inside and set up a video for her. Bohdin and I stayed outside for about another hour. I don't think Nyla loves the snow nearly as much as she claims to.




Bohdin loves to eat the snow and washed the fireplace shovel so he could grab some without stepping outside.


Buddy has been working on the demo of the bathroom while I struggle to figure out how to put it back together. Buddy wants the cabinet in the bathroom to match the new kitchen cabinets but it is so hard to decide. We've changed our mind numerous times. I can't believe how difficult this is. Once we finally do decide it shouldn't take too long to put the bathroom back together. The toilet is staying in the same spot and the sink will be smaller and moved over a little bit so not too much work. The door will also be moved over slightly. The insulation had been really poor in this room so now that the walls are open Buddy stuffed plastic bags where the air was moving in. That whole side of the house feels more comfortable now. The toilet paper that is sitting on top of the toilet was moving in the breeze before Buddy did the temporary fix.


One day in the car we only had one water bottle for the two to share. Bohdin asked for a drink so I passed it back to him. As soon as Nyla saw it she wanted it. Bohdin passed it to her without taking a drink first and asked "Why do I have to live Nyla's way?". In a sense we all are. Nyla likes to ask for things as soon as the lights are out. She can decline a drink or a snack 30 seconds prior but as soon as the lights are out she wants something. Not only does she want it but she wants somebody to get it for her. She claims she can't reach. So far there has only been one situation where I will get out of bed to get something for her but it doesn't stop her from trying. It doesn't hurt that daddy will often oblige her. The one time I caved was actually last night when she wanted her toe nails clipped. I agreed to that so I wouldn't get scratched in the night. She did have a scraggly one.

Buddy has a work trip to Orlando the beginning of March. I've never been and hate to pass up an opportunity. At first I thought Disney World would be really lame but it might not be so bad. I'm not thrilled with the idea of driving 13 hours or lugging two kids around the park myself while Buddy works but it will be memorable and it could even be fun. I have a lot of planning to do for the trip in addition to thinking about the garden and the cabinets. It's been really busy around here. A break from the usual might be nice.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when we went they had lockers we put our lunch in and went out for a picnic at lunchtime, better than paying big bucks for hamburgers