Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chocolate balls

I just spent 25 minutes writing a post that disappeared. I ought to start saving before posting. It's so frustrating and I don't want to write the whole thing over. I'm up at 5 in the morning or 5:41 now because it hurts too much to sleep. When I was pregnant with Bohdin I had terrible pain in my lower ribs on both sides that was made worse by laying. I have similar pain this time but in a different location. This time it is mostly on my left side beneath my shoulder blade and in the front below my bra line. It hurts to take a deep breath. It hurts to sleep. Tonight has been the worst so far. As I was typing this earlier I would have periods of very intense pain. Buddy suggested a shower and maybe I will. Sitting up hasn't been helping. Tylenol is ineffective. Heat only works for a few minutes but maybe I can get enough relief to fall back asleep. My health care providers didn't care when I was pregnant with Bohdin and they don't care this time either. The midwives I had with Nyla cared a lot and said they would try whatever it took to help. I didn't have any pain then though. When I went to the doctor last week the doctor just said heat and tylenol and thought maybe it was a boy again. We'll see if the boy theory holds true in a few hours when i have the ultrasound. The biggest reason we're finding out the gender is that we stink at picking out names. It's just so hard. We have to narrow it down to just one name. No way can we think of a boy and a girl name. Bohdin thinks we should name the baby Chocolate Balls. I think it would be strange to call Chocolate Balls to dinner. I'm not even sure that name is appropriate for a pet much less a child. We've decided to postpone making a decision on sharing the gender.

Nyla enjoys doing puzzles so last night we did our set of Lauri puzzles again for the second night in a row. Last night she dumped the pieces from all three puzzles ina big pile. I had to help her with which piece went to which puzzle. Nyla was adamant that the purple train piece belonged with the purple dump truck. I wasn't going to aruge with her. I know better than that. We started with the fire truck puzzle then did the train puzzle except for the missing piece. When it was time for the last piece of the dump truck puzzle she was determined to try and make it fit. Eventually she put the puzzle piece where it belongs. I usually let Nyla learn the hard way. She much prefers it that way. I do not correct her when she's wrong if it's something that is not harmful. Buddy learned this lesson the hard way. Nyla thinks the Pillsbury dough boy is a snowman. In the months that she's been saying this I've never said a word. He does sort of look like a snowman and there is no harm in believing he is. One day Buddy and Nyla were laying together in bed when a Pillsbury commercial came on. She excitedly pointed to the snowman. Buddy made the mistake of telling her that it was not a snowman. Nyla cried her heart out when he said that. She still believes the Pillsbury dough boy is a snowman though. Bohdin has a hard time resisting teaching her things. Sometimes she is receptive but other times she is not. She didn't mind when he told her that letters were called letters and not numbers but trying to explain that she lost a race was frustrating for both. Bohdin shouts "I win!" after winning a race with her but Nyla shouts the same thing when she finishes. It frustrates Bohdin so much that she will not understand that he won. Nyla sometimes ends up crying or mad. Bohdin also has difficulty in learning to walk away from a discussion with Nyla. Yesterday when they chose different fish crackers for the trip Bohdin proposed that they share with each other so they each have some of both. Nyla was adamantly opposed to the idea and just kept yelling no. Bohdin persisted in reasonably explaining his position but Nyla refused to listen. She just kept shouting "No!" and "Me mad!" whenever he said a word. I tried to explain to Bohdin that she wasn't ready to listen and he should try again later but he had a hard time dropping the subject. Hopefully he will learn eventually.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are hurting. Sounds miserable. I love, "Me mad!" So cute.

Anonymous said...

Ick on the rib pain! I was thinking about you the other day and hoping you wouldn't have that experience again. My pain is on the right side, though I don't think it's as bad as yours. I really hope you can find a remedy.

Helen said...

Thanks guys. There is a remedy but I'm 20 weeks away from it.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, man - I have been negligent keeping up with blog-reading and so I didn't even know you were pregnant again! Now I need to keep reading all the way back to where you announced it - better refill my coffee first. Is it almost a year ago now that you were here to visit?

Coree said...

I didn't know you were pregnant until Anna and Wendy told me this weekend when I saw them. I also enjoyed the "Me mad!" and another crying picture. Your crying pictures are really hilarious! I was telling Anna and Wendy that this weekend when we were talking about your blog.