Monday, February 8, 2010

Train pillow

We woke up to more snow on Saturday. The DC airport had record breaking snow and even Annapolis had 21.5 inches. It's funny how we missed all of the snow in Maryland. I'm sure it's a good thing we missed the big storm since most people probably don't even own a snow shovel. It's going to be ugly there for a while. Bohdin and Nyla enjoyed playing in the little bit that we did get. We should wake up to even more tomorrow. Four to six inches is predicted over the next 24 hours. We were unsuccessful finding a sled at one store and didn't keep trying although I meant to.





I made a train pillow and blanket for Bohdin when he was two. He hasn't really cared about it but Nyla took interest in his pillow recently. That made Bohdin possessive of his pillow. I decided to make Nyla her own train pillow. It was originally intended to be as big as Bohdin's but then I changed my mind. She loves it. Bohdin loves it also and tried to take it from her. That didn't work out and we decided that I would make him a second smaller pillow. In the meantime I had to add his name to his pillow. Nyla has her name on her pillow but it is hard to see. We went to the fabric store today to get the green, blue, and purple fabric that Bohdin wanted. It's not the fabric I would have chosen but it absolutely suits Bohdin perfectly. This pillow will be a loader and dump truck per Bohdin's request.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karey said...

Those pillows are so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing the dump truck and loader - you are so creative!

And yes, it is quite messy here! We're those people who don't even own a snow shovel! We called around last week, and everywhere was sold out. Luckily there are people in the building who are willing to let us borrow theirs. And it's crazy that we're going to get more!