The science museum was packed with kids. Those day camp kids get around. There were at least five groups there. The kids still had a good time. Bohdin liked the obstacle course that was part of the new exhibit and did it 30 times. After over an hour of playing I had to drag the kids out of there. Nyla was actually kicking and screaming. My time was running out on the parking meter and I wasn't willing to get a ticket so she could do one more thing for who knows how long.
Yesterday I took the kids bowling. It was their first time. Nyla said she loved the game but Bohdin didn't appear to love it as much. He became frustrated and sad that he couldn't get a strike. At one point as I was consoling him Nyla had a spare. Luckily Bohdin didn't notice. Nyla was using the ramp while Bohdin did his best to throw the ball. Nyla stopped using the ramp at one point but she had so little force behind it that it would take about one minute for the ball to reach the pins. The ball even stopped rolling at one point halfway down the lane and needed to be rescued. Bohdin did a lot better the second game than the first but it didn't matter to him. He just wanted a strike. I don't know when we'll go back. Free bowling lasts throughout the summer.

3 comments:
I remember being not much older than Bohdin the first time I went bowling and being upset at how badly I did. Luckily, that was before digital cameras and the Internet were available for my parents to immortalize my tear-streaked face for posterity for all to see :)
I suppose I have ruined any chance he ever had for a public life. :)
tell Bohdin I make the same face every time I go bowling as well. He also beat my average score by about 20 points.
Post a Comment