I bought the kids some games for after the baby was born. I decided to introduce them before the birth so they could pull it out and play it themselves afterward. Since Bohdin and Nyla were both born at 39 weeks 2 days I sort of assumed the same would happen this time. It would also give me a Thursday baby, Wednesday baby, and now Tuesday baby. This baby has other plans which seem to include staying in my belly forever. So I showed the kids the games way prematurely. The biggest hit was a bingo game called Zingo. Nana and I are completely over the game since we have played it a million times. Actually she has probably played four million. Nyla loves the game.
Bohdin keeps a stash of books in his nightstands but Nyla doesn't have any in her room. Nyla is the one who actually looks at the books more. A year ago she didn't care about reading at all but now I read to her more than Bohdin. We went to Target last night and she picked out a pink cube bookcase for her room. This morning she wanted to help me put it together. We went down to the garage to get the screwdriver and the hammer. As we neared the stairs she said, "I'll carry the screwdriver so you don't get screwed. I don't want a mommy bookcase." Nyla is quite pleased with her pink bookcase. She has books that I brought up from the basement and her wide assortment of stuffed friends. Well she did earlier. Now her friends are on my bed to attend a birthday party and there are lots of books here as well.
Nana and Buddy took the kids to Toy Story 3 today. I suppose Bohdin and Nyla liked it but they haven't talked about it much. I went to several stores without kids which was really nice. I can't remember the last time I had so much time without the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment