Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weeds



Our garden is doing pretty well especially the weeds. So far we have harvested green beans, carrots, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, squash, pepper, and cucumbers. I feel like I'm forgetting things though. Our first corn should be ready soon. Melons and tomatoes are growing. This is our first time growing corn and it's been fun to watch it grow because it will grow inches in one day. It's the only thing that grows faster than the weeds. We do have huge weed issues that we are trying to deal with. It's a huge garden though and they grow faster than we can pick them.

I was weeding the tomatoes the other night and Nyla was next to me weeding for a while. She became bored and was looking for a bug to play with. She ran inside the house to get a small plastic container. She came back out and yelled at the ant to get inside. Of course the ant didn't so she kept yelling, "Go inside your home!". It made me think of Happy Gilmore. She gave up on the ant and tried to get a beetle and then a spider. She was really disappointed that no creature out there would play with her. She just couldn't understand it.

Weeded strawberries


Strawberries before weeding. They're in there hiding among the grass.



We stopped to get beef at the farm store yesterday after playgroup. Nyla really wanted to see the cows but they were all hiding in the shade. I told her they were sleeping in the shade. She said "I'll wake them up with my scary face.". Who wouldn't like that?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: