Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fishing

First one shot of Bohdin and another of Cora. I don't have the time to completely recreate the shot which tkes more subtle manipulation than I have the patience for at the moment. I think all I achieved was highlighting the differences.

 
 

Buddy had 10 days paternity leave. Thursday was his last day and he spent it with the older kids. In the morning they went to a nearby playground and splashpark. Nyla has been wanting to go but I don't know why. She abhors being wet with clothes on. She can't run around naked there so she chooses not to get wet. I think she did have fun at the playground portion. In the evening Buddy took the kids fishing in the neighborhood pond. Had Nyla been paying attention she would have caught a fish. They enjoyed the experience and look forward to going again.

 

The kids wanted to go to the zoo tomorrow but I was able to delay them until evening. It's cooler and members receive free tram rides Friday night. It worked out really well. We took the tram to the gorilla area and saw a few animals and then walked down the hill to the splash park. There are two slides which Bohdin really enjoyed our last visit. This time the lines were much much shorter and he was able to go down multiple times. He had such a great time. Nyla went to the playground briefly but came back to the water area. Surprisingly she played in the water a little. I took her shirt off but we managed to keep her pants on even though they became a little damp. I just had to take a break to console a crying Nyla. Bohdin got her wet and she came up into the bedroom crying and naked with her wet pants in her hands. He did come up and apologize.

Bohdin and Nyla enjoy doing things with Cora. The other day Bohdin was playing a game with her where she had to pick which lump of playdough contained a large jewel. I chose whichever one she seemed to be looking at. Surprisingly she was right every time. Nyla came up and wanted to play also so they started taking turns. Cora had to take a break to eat so Bohdin decided that she and Nyla would be a team. At one point Cora stretched her arm out toward Nyla just after Nyla answered one correctly. Nyla thought Cora was trying to give her a high five and slapped her hand.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

They do look a lot alike!