Monday, July 5, 2010

Lesson learned

Nyla is looking over my shoulder at these pictures. She says she wants to see the one where she stepped on the hot firework. Last night she dropped her mostly used sparkler on the ground and then stepped on it. I didn't actually get a picture of that. Her foot was okay but she cried about it for quite some time. We went upstairs to take a cool bath and then I had to put a bandaid on her foot even though there was nothing visibly wrong. Bohdin stayed outside with Buddy and watched some of the neighborhood fireworks. All we had were sparklers because I didn't want to spend the money on big fireworks.




Earlier in the day we went to the science museum. We were just going to go to the grocery store but once we were all buckled I remembered they were having something special about fireworks there that I thought Bohdin might like. The kids didn't have to be asked twice. We saw a demonstration of several different metals burning and heard the loud pops from hydrogen exploding. Bohdin learned a little bit. He also had fun a the new special exhibit and was sad that we didn't explore the whole thing before leaving. He felt better after I told him it would be there for several months.

I've been meaning to talk and post pictures of our garden for quite some time. That will have to wait a little longer. Nyla is dressed and ready to go to the fabric store to pick out the fabric for the back of her blanket. I haven't quite finished the front but I should today. There is about 15 more minutes of work. I'm not done with the back of Bohdin's big blanket yet either. If I'm really lucky I'll do that today as well. I made good progress over the weekend.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: