Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Try #3

I haven't taken any pictures recently. I ought to at least take pictures of our new chickens. Hopefully third time is a charm. They've survived at least one night so far. I'm too scared to check so I haven't seen them yet today. We have three full grown hens so we should start getting eggs as soon as they are settled. Maybe there are some today. When I get over the thought of finding dead chickens I'll go out and check.

Nana arrived Friday evening. We haven't done too much since her arrival. Saturday we went blueberry picking. Nyla complained of the heat the whole time. It was hot but that didn't prevent the rest of us from picking. She did enjoy the fruits of our labor in the car. The only time the kids eat a lot of blueberries is the day we pick them. I baked with some on Monday and some are in the freezer.

Today we went to the interactive area of the art museum. The kids had a good time there. Nyla painted two pictures and drew another. Bohdin loved a room that would video tape him and project his image on the screen in various artistic ways. He spent the majority of the time in that room. I should have brought my camera because I know my description is not very good. Next time. Throughout the summer they have free admission for military so that's great. We'll try to go again soon.

I also dropped off the blankets to be quilted. I didn't take any pictures of the finished fronts or backs. We'll get them back in two to three weeks and I'll take a picture then. I'm not in love with the place I took it to get quilted but it will be done and probably fine if not spectacular. I know they could have turned out neater somewhere else but this person answered the phone this morning and that was pretty big on the criteria list. I am feeling some regret but hopefully that goes away once I see the finished product. I know it will be a lot cheaper than the custom quilting I was probably envisioning.

No comments: