Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy Week

We've been out every morning this week. Monday after the midwife appointment Nyla wanted to go to the science museum. It is really close to the office so we went. First we had to stop at a restaurant. Bohdin accidentally spilled his food and was really hungry. We went to a Mexican restaurant near the museum since Bohdin had been craving chips and salsa. The kids had fun as usual at the museum.

Tuesday was playgroup. It was a very nice playgroup since the weather was finally cooler. This June was the hottest June on record. There were a ridiculous number of days over 90 degrees when the average high is in the low to mid 80s. It was a miserable time to be pregnant and a miserable time to not have air conditioning in most of the house. Tuesday was still above average but cooler than it had been in quite some time.

Wednesday was Nyla's dentist appointment. I thought the chances of success were less than 1% but she actually did okay. She will need some cavities filled and we will explore the OR route. Nyla's front fillings have fallen out and the back cavities are getting much larger. It sucks that both kids have my terrible teeth. When Nyla was in the back Bohdin wanted to check on her numerous times. Nyla was the same way when Bohdin was back there. At one point Bohdin walks out with Nyla. He told me he asked if it was okay but he lied about that. He just wanted to see her and she followed him out. She was done anyway so it was okay.

Thursday was the last beautiful day before the weather would start heating up again. In addition to the lower temperatures the humidity was low. We decided to finally check out the zoo. Everybody else in town seemed to have the same idea. Most of the park wasn't actually that crowded. The splash park was packed though. I'm not a big fan of zoos but this one was pleasant. Maybe we'll be able to go back one more time before the baby is born. Bohdin liked the splash park and the playground nearby but his absolute favorite part was the miniature train. There was a button to press to make it go forward. I don't know why he liked it so much but we came back to it four times. If it''s not obvious by the pictures both kids pick out their own outfits 99% of the time.







Today we stopped at the fabric store to get fabric for the back of Bohdin's blankets. I made a back but we decided it was too nice and it will become its own blanket. I'm done with the front of Bohdin's blankets and I'm getting close to finished with the front of Nyla's blanket. I want to take it in to be quilted next week. I also stopped at the consignment store that was having a half off sale. I picked up a lot of summer shirts for Nyla next year. When I told Buddy how many 4T shirts I picked up he wanted to know why I bought size four. I did it because there was just a lot of selection in size 4 but when he asked I also realized that Nyla will turn four next summer. Buddy said that's not possible. She is supposed to stay a baby. It's a good thing we have a baby coming so Nyla can grow up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: