Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quilts

I picked up the quilts last week and have been working on the binding. I only have one done so far and will leave the other two for my mom who volunteered. I only have the desire to do blankets when I'm pregnant and now it's completely gone. I'm working on a small pink one that I am quilting myself. It may never be done now. I meant to take a picture of the back of Bohdin's big one which came out quite nicely. He did a really nice job choosing the fabric for that. I was in a big hurry because I had a dozen other things to do.

 
 
 

Cora is a very sleepy baby. I've never had a baby that sleeps so much. She wakes up to eat and pee then goes back to sleep. Every few days she'll have some significant awake time. I don't know how long this will last but I've been enjoying it. In addition she will be put down which is awesome. I remember what a tough time I had with Bohdin who needed to be held always. When Bohdin was born he had the usual just born sleepiness. I didn't know about that and thought he would be a breeze. I remember bringing him home and setting him down to take a shower right away. I thought smugly to myself that this baby business wasn't as hard as people made it out to be. Five minutes later I learned my lesson. Not only did he want to held all of the time but he slept horribly and was the world's slowest nurser. I was exhaused. I've forgotten what Nyla was like as a newborn except that she slept pretty well at night and cried loudly.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, her face has filled out...babies change so fast...

Karey said...

Oh, my goodness! Helen! Those quilts are amazing! I love them, and I'm going to copy you someday! :)
And congratulations on the sleepy put-down-able baby! Lincoln was a super slow nurser too. I remember him nursing for an hour, then I'd spend an hour trying to get him to settle down to sleep, and then he'd sleep for half an hour, at which point he was ready to start over with the nursing!