Friday, August 6, 2010

Missing time

I don't have as many hours in the day as I used to. Even though Cora is an easy baby she is still a baby. I estimate that I probably spend at least 30 minutes per day changing diapers. She can easily go through 30 diapers in one day because she is a pee and poop factory. She just pooped right now while she's laying in my lap. Last diaper change was about 3 minutes ago. I spend maybe one hour feeding her and another 30 minutes just being slower because I have a baby to deal with and that's a very conservative estimate of two hours per day. I've also started my overly ambitious plan for Bodhin's geography lessons this year so there goes another 30 minutes each day.

 
 

Cora had her two week appointment on Wednesday. I couldn't make it on Tuesday when she was actualy two weeks old because it interferred with playgroup. I can't remember what she weighed on her two day appointment. It may have been under 7 pounds but I can't remember for certain. It wasn't over 7 even. She is now up to 8 pounds 7 ounces. If I had known she weighed so much I wouldn't have lied about her breastfeeding habits. She doesn't eat as often or as long as they weould like so I just told them what they wanted to hear.

Paul says I haven't been talking about the other kids much. They have been keeping themselves occupied fairly well. The other day I overheard Bohdin spending 10 minutes explaining intricate rules to Nyla about how her robbers should try to get to the pyramid. She was bored after hearing the rules and went off to play by herself. I fully intended to write more about the older kids today but I've run out of time. To top things off Cora just pooped again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: