Bohdin likes to play 20 questions in the car and Nyla must join in. Playing with her is different though because she doesn't have a good grasp on categories. One time I was playing with her and one of my first questions was whether it was a person. She responded yes. I went on to guess daddy and Bohdin which were both incorrect. I then decided to point out that both daddy and Bohdin were persons. She disagreed. Bohdin has come up with a genius solution to this problem. His very first question for her is "What is it?". She tells him and then he guesses it. Her response is always an enthusiastic yes as if he worked hard to figure it out.
I was demonstrating this to Buddy in the car over the weekend. Nyla was thinking of something and I asked her what it was. She responded horsies. Just for the fun of it Buddy and I asked questions like does it have four legs. After a few questions Buddy guessed horse. He was wrong so I guessed horsie. I was right! Bohdin pointed out to Nyla that horse and horsie are the same thing. She disagreed because a horsie has a tail. By the way her most common thing to have us guess is a pogo. She has no idea what that means though. Bohdin's most common thing is something in space. I always know to ask him if what he is thinking of is on this planet.
Her guessing is also quite interesting because she will guess every thing that comes into her head. One time she was trying to guess something I was thinking of. "Is it a car? Is it a house? Is it a pineapple? Is it grass? Is it my shoes? Is it Cora?" I think it's quite amusing to hear all of her guesses. It may be ruining the game for Bohdin though because he will wait for her to finish talking before asking his question and there is just never an opportunity.
1 comment:
LOL! Paul and I are cracking up here. I do love how 3-year-olds are so excited when you guess the right answer, even if they told you it just a minute earlier.
Post a Comment