Thursday, August 12, 2010

Punished

I learned the hard way that it's best not to wake Cora up ever really but especially as the kids are going to bed. She can be difficult to get back to sleep sometimes and that's not a great time to have a tired crying baby. Last night Buddy had Cora while I was going to put the older two to sleep. Bohdin had to go downstairs to put his unfinished yogurt back in the fridge. I warned him to stay away from Cora because if he woke her up he would be in trouble. He couldn't resist and woke her up. I told him no tv or computer today. He was really mad at the time but handled it really well today. Better than me. I found it to be punishment for me. It was so hot outside today so the kids couldn't play out there for very long. They couldn't play with their toys in the basement because we discovered mold behind one of the walls last night and we have yet to clean it up. So they made a mess of the living room. I had to play Zingo many times and Union Pacific. That's a train game for kids 12 and up that lasts 90 minutes. It did last about that long. I just wanted to lay down and try to cool off in front of the fan. (Bohdin just walked in and said he wanted to play again.) Nyla was way too young so she looked at books, watched some tv, and did other random things while Bohdin and I played. I had to help him since he is only five. He could do the mechanics of the game but not the strategy. He ended up winning but in effect I beat myself since I told him almost every move to make.

While Nyla was napping Cora was awake so I took some pictures. Bohdin also recorded her. Maybe someday I'll post that. Right now I have to play Union Pacific again.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: