Tuesday started much better. Cora was exhausted and slept really well. I was able to get a lot of cleaning done. The fridge was emptied of old food, the dishwasher loaded, floors swept, laundry started, and lunch made among other things. Bohdin and Nyla's friend came over and they played downstairs while I was getting so much accomplished. Everything was going really well until evening. Bohdin was ready for his before bed snack and wanted a peanut butter sandwich. We were out of bread so I needed to go to the freezer and grab one I had frozen. I had almost bought bread the night before but decided not to for various reasons. That turned into a lucky thing because when I went out to the big freezer I saw that it was not freezing. At the time I thought Bohdin had left the door open. He was very sorry. I transferred some meat that had defrosted to the the fridge and made some meat for snacking. Later I was trying to put Cora and Nyla to sleep when I started thinking about the freezer again. I decided to go down and check it. Things didn't seem to be freezing in there like I expected. I told Buddy and when he went down he realized that it had just stopped working. The motor was running but it wasn't cooling. We spent the next almost hour transferring as much as we could into the little freezer and fridge. We ended up not losing that much. Ice cream was thrown out and some vegetables but everything else should be okay. We'll be eating a lot of meat and drinking a lot of juice in the next few days. I'm not looking forward to cooking it all in the hot kitchen but it could be worse. We were lucky that it wasn't worse.
Last Friday which feels like forever ago we went to the art museum. It was really crowded so we didn't stay long. Saturday we went to a birthday party. We had plans to go to an art car show later but I didn't have the energy to do so many things in one day.

1 comment:
don't know if this will make you feel better, but I took Bella to Home Depot (one of the only stores that allows puppies) and we were about 50 feet in the store when she stops and poops in the middle of the aisle. I don't know if she like Lowes more or just prefers the cement floors to grass, but it was not fun to cleanup. Luckily nobody noticed, or if they did, they didn't say anything
Post a Comment