Saturday morning was the neighborhood fishing derby. Buddy took Bohdin and Nyla while I stayed at home with a sleeping Cora. Nyla caught one fish and I think Bohdin caught two. Neither caught enough to win a trophy. Buddy says that they were bored. They may have had more fun getting ready to go fishing. Bohdin liked practicing casting.
The ground may never be as dry as we like for planting so we did as much as we could this weekend which was quite a lot. Buddy tilled a huge section and prepared it for Bohdin and I to plant. We only have a few things left which we may try to do today if the ground dried up at least a little bit after last night's strong storm. Cora has Buddy's skin coloring and is sensitive to the sun. The back of her neck became a little red on Saturday so on Sunday we traded off going outside so she could remain indoors. Cora is very strongly anti-hat so we just need to be extra careful with her and break out the sunscreen for her. She is also anti-shade and will crawl back out into the sunlight.
I picked strawberries until I was hot and tired Sunday without making a huge dent. It was many pounds of strawberries. For dinner I made strawberry shortcakes because the recipe calls for eight cups of strawberries and we certainly had that. When Buddy came down he saw a biscuit topped with strawberries and whipped cream. He commented on it because he was expecting angel food cook and was skeptical about a biscuit. Then he took a bite. The next thing out of his mouth was "Mmm. Delicious." It really was delicious. It will be our spring treat while we are in this house. I also made strawberry lemonade and strawberry puree. Next up on the list is strawberry jam. Buddy wanted me to make strawberry cobbler but that was before we had the strawberry shortcake. Those were so good it would be a shame to not eat it every night we have fresh strawberries.
Cora, like most babies, doesn't care for baby toys. She has recently shown an interest in George and one of Nyla's babies. Nyla has been gracious enough to share George with her but wants to get Cora her own George for her birthday. Cora's other favorites are cardboard, toothbrushes and cell phones. Nyla had flown some Playmobil people up in the airplane so they could go to Colorado. The Cora monster attacked them and I found a kid sticking out of her mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment