Yesterday was project presentation time for the homeschool group. This month's topic was geography. Bohdin chose China while Nyla chose Russia. She chose Russia because it was the only country she knew besides China. I wish we had spent more time preparing but we basically waited until the last day to get it done. Sort of. Last August after studying China I made Bohdin tell me things about China. I wrote them down and was able to pull the list back out. I think he used some of it for his report. Buddy helped Bohdin to put it together so I'm not certain.
For Nyla I just read her a book and she pulled out the parts that she thought were interesting. She liked the reindeer, tigers, ballerinas, princesses, and longest railroad. I drew pictures of these things on a piece of paper to help her remember during her presentation. Nyla was very excited to do it. Unfortunately it was very difficult to hear her and I am probably the only one who heard anything since I was the closest. Nyla didn't use her normal loud voice and spoke rather quietly instead. I could have helped her do better but the previous person had been really really long (Bohdin and Nyla's favorite though) and I wanted something short afterward. Plus Cora was tired. I wish I had told her to repeat it or asked questions.
Bohdin wanted to go last and he did. When it was his turn he walked to the front and turned his back to the audience to take some deep breaths. He said he needed some time. There was one family who had been there before so they knew what to expect from him. At one point one of the girls thought about chanting "you can do it" but I'm glad she didn't. I don't think it would have helped. Bohdin read through his report quietly before I turned him around to begin. He hesitated a little in the beginning but then did really well for a Bohdin. He didn't seem panicked at all like last time. He was easy to understand and I think he showed remarkable progress from last time. He felt at ease answering questions. I was really proud of how well he did.
We are drowning in strawberries right now and I have busy dealing with them plus all of the other yard work to be done now. Yesterday I picked as many strawberries as I could before Cora became fussy. I weighed them later. I put almost 4.5 pounds of sliced strawberries in the freezer. I threw away almost 2 pounds of waste and I made more than 3 dozen chocolate covered strawberries. Later I went out and picked a bag of strawberries for the neighbor. I did not pick every ripe strawberry out there and will be able to pick many pounds of strawberries again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment