the past Paul has asked Bohdin if he wanted to go back to Colorado with him. Bohdin has always declined. He likes to stay close. This year Paul asked Nyla and she said yes. She packed up a suitcase and truly thought she was going to fly out to Colorado with Paul. When it was time for him to leave without Nyla she was devastated. She was sad and mad. There was no way to talk her out of it. Buddy took Paul, Jenn, and Dave to the airport while I dealt with Nyla. I convinced her that we would follow them to the airport so we piled into the minivan quickly. Once in the minivan I explained again that she couldn't get on the flight but we could drive to Colorado instead. She agreed. After driving a few minutes I asked her if she had packed everything she needed. I mentioned that we had left in such a rush that I hadn't packed anything for myself or Cora. I suggested that it might be better to go home and do a good job packing. She agreed. Bohdin still wanted to swing by the airport and I agreed. I was hoping that Nyla would fall asleep. Through a stroke of luck we actually met up with Buddy as he was dropping everybody up. Nyla did fall asleep on the way home. She was still mad later and I tried to explain that Paul was joking with her when he asked her to come to Colorado. Nyla said it was not a joke because it wasn't funny. Nyla has long ago forgiven Paul but he still feels terrible.
We went to playgroup yesterday and it was the first time that a lot of people attended in quite some time. Bohdin and Nyla didn't play with any of the other kids much. We did invite a six year old boy out who was looking for a playmate. He arrived after we had been there for 1.5 hours. Bohdin was tired and hot. This other boy ran over and joined the big group of kids at play. His mom brought him over to meet Bohdin and they played for a few minutes. We may try meeting him again another time. I also had a lead on a different six year old that was looking for a playmate. His mom pulled him out of the Waldorf school because he was getting bullied. The description I was given made him sound just like Bohdin. His mom may contact me.
I was reading to Bohdin in the kitchen this morning while Nyla was playing with Cora. Bohdin took a break from the book to watch Cora stand on her own. Both he and Nyla were amazed that she could stand without holding on. She has improved quite a lot recently. She can stand unassisted for probably a minute. Bohdin noticed that she didn't fall down but sat down when she was done. I resumed reading to Bohdin but paused when I heard Nyla cheering again. Nyla was cheering Cora who had climbed up the stairs. I'm not sure how much help she had from Nyla. Nyla was sad when I burst her excited bubble by telling her not to do that again.

No comments:
Post a Comment