After practice we came home and picked strawberries. It's our first big haul of the season. We are going to have a lot of strawberries so I'm going to busy for the next several weeks processing them somehow. We're also trying to get our garden started but the weather has not been cooperative. The time that we have free it always seems to be raining. We are so behind. I'm determined to get everything planted this week but with a forecast of rain for the next three days that won't be easy. Buddy is having trouble tilling the wet soil so it's not even ready for us to plant yet.
Saturday was the neighborhood yard sale. With a forecast of rain I didn't want to waste time prepping stuff. Saturday morning was overcast but not raining yet. We threw a few items out there. It was good to get rid of some stuff. The old refrigerator is gone as well as an old vanity and some baby stuff. Bohdin made $11.50 selling strawberries and strawberry plants. It wasn't something we had planned. That was really our big money maker though so we'll do it again next spring when we will have even more strawberries.
Cora has tooth #4 coming in. It is her top front left. It's coming in quite fast and has caught up to the one next to it. Cora has also been working on taking some steps I think. She stands a lot now in the middle of the room and a few times I think I've seen her take a step. I'm not certain though because it is always out of the corner of my eye. This morning I was cleaning up the kitchen with Nyla and Cora nearby. Cora was standing near Nyla who was holding George. Cora likes George and reached out to grab it. I'm pretty sure I saw her take a step but I was loading the dishwasher at the time and she only had my partial attention. There have been several instances like that.
We had a money drawer in the house in case we needed cash for whatever reason. There was more money than usual in it because of the yard sale and Derby money. Bohdin emptied the drawer and added it to his money bag. I found out and he tried to give it back but it was too late. The money had been mixed. I had no idea how much he had so I took some and gave him back my best guess of what he had. It may have been more but more likely it was less. He cried and cried over this. He has been saving for a really long time for that Playmobil train and to go backward must be devastating. He said he did it because he wanted the train. It's something he has wanted for years and has been actively saving his money for six months. That is a long time for a little boy. Unfortunately his method of accelerating the timeline was wrong.

3 comments:
Very nice looking strawberry crop! What is Bohdin's goal and how close is he?
I'm not certain. When he started saving there were still a few available in the US. That is no longer the case so we would have to order from somewhere else. Angie thinks her friend could buy it from Germany and send it. Playmobil has discontinued it altogether as opposed to just North America but there are some available since production stopped just a few months ago. So how much he needs will depend on the current exchange rate and our ability to find somebody in Europe that could send it through the post office on an Army base which I'm assuming is cheaper.
Angie's friend is about to come back stateside..very soon, stationed back in US
Post a Comment