Cora has been fascinated with the stairs all week and it was only a matter of time before she fell. Yesterday morning I was in the kitchen making breakfast and cleaning up. Bohdin, Nyla, and Cora were in the living room playing. At first Nyla would block off Cora's progress to the stairs which Cora thought was a fun game. Then Nyla became distracted playing something else. I heard Nyla calling for help. She had discovered Cora at the top of the steps and was stopping her from coming back down. I brought Cora down and blocked off the entrance to the stairs. Bohdin and Nyla pulled out a board game while Cora piddled around. I went back into the kitchen. A few minutes later I hear a loud thump and a cry. Cora had found a small entrance at the side of the banister and probably climbed the stairs and tried climbing back down before falling. I found her face first at the bottom. She was okay but wanted to stay close the rest of the morning. In the afternoon she didn't like that Bohdin had blocked off her side entrance. She tried for several minutes to find a way to get through but couldn't. I was hoping she had learned a lesson but apparently not. The stairs will just have to stay blocked for the foreseeable future.
Nyla loves corn on the cob and every time we go to the grocery store together we come home with fresh corn if it is available. Bohdin has always been my helper in taking off the husks but Nyla doesn't like to be left out so she helps also. She was having trouble with it the other day because she likes to do so much at one time. I told her I would help her in a minute. I look over a minute later and she has it done. She told me that she never gives up. I already knew that.
We're continuing our strawberry adventure. Buddy said I ought to write about it. Last night we had strawberry lemonade again. It was a big hit the last time. Even though I have to pay two dollars for all of the lemons it does taste like a special drink. We mixed it with a scoop of strawberry granita and mineral water for carbonation. We also had vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce, strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream which was yummy. Bohdin liked the strawberry sauce but not the strawberries. Nyla refused anything made with strawberries. The strawberry bread I made earlier in the week was good. The kids didn't like it but Buddy and I did.
Bohdin helped me make the first batch of lemonade by zesting the lemons and cutting them in half. While he was cutting one of the lemons he cut his finger. Yesterday when we were making it again he wanted to help and do it all again. He said he would be more careful this time and he was.
I saw rhubarb at the grocery store last night and thought I would pick some up because I thought I could use it somehow with all of the strawberries. Cora grabbed a stalk out of the bag and started munching on it. She was really mad when I took it away to pay for it. I gave it right back and she continued to chew on it. By the time we were home it hardly looked like rhubarb anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment