Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GooGoo


Watching a movie together

Buddy took Bohdin and Nyla to the movies on Sunday to see KungFu Panda 2. They had seen the first one earlier in the week when I recorded it. Bohdin really liked it and Nyla sort of liked it. They both said they liked seeing the sequel in the theater. They so rarely see anything in the theater that I guess it is a real treat for them.

Buddy was busy working over the Memorial Day weekend on the house. He insulated a lot of the new kitchen and did some more tile in the basement. That insulation was sorely needed because temperatures skyrocketed into the mid 90s. The insulation blocked all of the holes to the outdoors. That room feels a lot more comfortable now.



Cora's teeth have been working hard to break through the gums and I think two more finally have. She has been pretty miserable the past few days and having a lot of trouble sleeping. Several times she woke up in the middle of the night crying. She has also been having a really difficult time going to sleep. I have had to put her in the sling a lot lately which is unusual. Normally she just falls asleep nursing for me.

Cora has developed an affinity for one of Nyla's baby dolls. Her preference is for the one she is holding in the picture below. Nyla had zero interest in that doll recently until Cora liked it. Now they share it. Nyla has named the baby GooGoo. The baby Nyla is holding is named Pizza. Several months ago when Nana was here Nyla named something (a doll or Playmobil person) Sarah. I had doubts that Nyla chose the name because that was such an unusual choice for Nyla. She prefers nontraditional names like the ones above or Dancing Princess, Chicken Boat, and Swimming Girl.



Bohdin picked some lettuce for dinner last night and there were a lot of bugs on it. I had to go carefully over each leaf to get rid of all of them. I made a lemon dill dressing for it and I joked that we were having salad with a lemon dill and bug vinaigrette. Bohdin said he hoped he wasn't having that. I'm not certain if he did try any. He may have been full though from all of the peas he ate outside before picking the lettuce. He has also been hogging all of the raspberries. I've only had two so far.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think what you will; I know the truth.

anna said...

Hey, Chicken Boat, get over here! Too cute.