Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pink eye



I forgot to post the picture of Bohdin bringing in the lettuce the other day. The kids were throwing things out the window to see where they would land. When Bohdin was outside I told him to grab me some lettuce. He tried throwing it up to me but it didn't work so I grabbed a rope. He tied it but then wanted to pull it up also. I held the rope while he came up. He thought it was a lot of fun to bring stuff in this way.

I took Bohdin to the doctor Friday because he was complaining of ear pain. He had also mentioned it on Tuesday but then not again until Friday. He was diagnosed with bacterial pink eye and an ear infection in both ears. His eyes actually started clearing up by then but he is taking antibiotics anyway. The discharge has cleared up but the skin around his eyes is still a little puffy and red. Nyla was sad that she couldn't have a doctor appointment also. She strongly felt that one of her scratches needed to be addressed.

When we went to J-s house on Thursday (which in hindsight was not a good idea since Bohdin was sick) Cora was terrified of the dogs. They were large dogs and she liked them okay from a distance but when they came close she was so scared. It was the first time I've ever seen her scared. I would pick her up and a minute later she would want to get down again. Saturday she was scared again. Nyla put on a Halloween mask that really scared Cora. It took a few minutes but she realized it wasn't so scary and wanted to play with it herself.

Cora's seventh tooth pushed through sometime last week. She has four on top now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: