Bohdin has enjoyed playing a geography game he "invented". He and I sit in front of the map. One person calls out a country and the other has to point to it with closed eyes. It's quite difficult to do well and Bohdin was frustrated that he would get close but miss almost all of them. I pointed out that it was great that he even knew which region to point in. Close is as good as it gets in that sort of game. At least he wasn't pointing to Libya in South America. Accidentally hitting Spain is not bad. We then moved on to 20 questions geography which was winnable. We played both of those games a lot at Bohdin's request this week.
Cora had a terrible night Wednesday night. She woke up crying inconsolably around midnight. I assumed it was teething pain and thought pain medicine might be helpful. I was surprised when I took it out because it was still in the manufacturer's packaging. I thought she had some before but this would be her first time. I gave it to her and she threw up within a minute of ingesting it. Then about three minutes later she threw up again. We had a bath together and went back to sleep. She slept better the rest of the night and the tooth was much further out in the morning.
Thursday was the homeschool field day. It was at a historic house on the banks of the Ohio river near our house. Normally we have to drive further to events. We arrived a little late because I didn't want to wake Cora from her nap. The event was pretty small and a bit disorganized since kids were in charge. There were some fun times. Both kids came home with prizes.
Friday was the big homeschool fair and yard sale. I was really looking forward to it because it is a great place to find cheap used books. There was only one piece of curriculum I wanted but I thought it highly unlikely that I would find it. I also gave Bohdin and Nyla each five dollars to spend since they also have things like games, puzzles, and other toys there. The event is held at a park and the playground is just past where everybody sets up. As I was looking around the kids asked over and over if it was time to go to the playground. I finally gave in and they played while I picked us up some lunch in the line right next to the playground. After lunch the kids wanted to do the inflatable stuff. Bohdin did the bouncy obstacle course three times and Nyla just once since we had to wait in the bathroom line. The kids did the bouncy house next and then I wanted to go back over to the books. I found a few more things including the curriculum I wanted. It wasn't the deal of the century but I did save almost half price if shipping is considered. Nyla spent her money on a tea set and Bohdin bought an Aztec thing and a magnetized Rubik's cube. Bohdin and Nyla did the obstacle course two more times with Nyla winning handily both times. Bohdin said his favorite part was the fun and his least favorite part was the shopping.
When we came home Cora was feeling a little hot. She had a low grade fever and slept a bit. Then she took another restless nap a few hours later. She slept really poorly through the night as her fever continued and climbed. It's the first fever she has ever had. I don't know what is causing it. She also has diarrhea. She doesn't have any congestion and her mood isn't any worse than earlier in the week when she was teething. Right now she is walking down the hall toward the stairs so she is behaving normally.
No comments:
Post a Comment