Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pinkalicious



Thursday morning we went to see the production of Pinkalicious at the local theater. It was turned into a musical and wasn't too bad. The book is not great but somebody managed to turn it into a decent play. Nyla liked it and Cora was riveted for most of it. Bohdin said he liked it but not as much as the True Story of the Three Little Pigs that we saw last fall. Bohdin probably had the most fun prior to the show starting. It's a dinner theater so people sit at tables. We sat across from a five year old girl that Bohdin had a lot of fun with. They told jokes and made shadow animals with their hands on the table. Nyla said her favorite part was when the announcer said the show would begin in two minutes.

Thursday evening we went to soccer practice. Being there gives me a unique opportunity to see Cora's walking progress. At home it is difficult to see day to day changes so seeing weekly changes at soccer practice is neat. At the beginning of this session six weeks ago Cora wasn't walking at all. She spent practice sitting on the floor or in my lap chewing on things. This past week she spent more time walking than anything else. She walks over to the play equipment, the soccer net, and other people. It's really amazing. Every week she walks more. I'm not sure she crawled at all this past week. Bohdin has been changing as well. He hardly cries any more at practice. He may have once this session but I can't remember.



Cora was born with a large thingy in between where her two front teeth would go. Now that the teeth are in it is quite noticeable. In preparation for this blog post I looked up the term for that thing and I stumbled across an article written by a dentist for the Journal of Human Lactation. That thing is called the maxillary frenum. The author of the article came up with a classification system for how it is attached. There are four classes and a nursing child in class three or four has the potential for lots of cavities. I rushed to check Bohdin and Nyla. They are both class three. Cora is probably class four. I'm going to call the dentist Monday morning to see if he will clip it. I thought it was just going to be a cute gap that could be fixed later if wanted. I had no idea it would affect her dental health.





We went to the zoo yesterday morning to meet up with the boy Bohdin had played with a few weeks ago, J-. Bohdin played for about 45 minutes in the splash park before they arrived. By the time they arrived we were ready to leave so we'll meet up again another time. Bohdin said he didn't have fun because it was too crowded. Nyla likes the idea of splash parks better than the reality so she hardly got wet. We'll try again when it's not so busy. I think they will both have more fun then. I tried to put Cora near some water but she wasn't interested so I put her back in the carrier.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: