Nyla and Cora have been playing together more. They sort of play dolls but mostly they just do random things since Cora is so young. Nyla likes to set up blanket boats or put babies to sleep or just do wild silly things with her. Nyla also introduced Cora to an empty box. Cora didn't like it at first but has since warmed up to it and when Nyla gets in Cora will follow her. The pictures below were taken on two different days.
Yesterday morning as we were getting ready to leave to the zoo to meet up with friends I spotted a deer in our backyard. We have had heavy damage from that deer eating our stuff and trampling our garden. I don't think there is one thing we've planted that hasn't been affected. I didn't know deer were interested in so may different things. The sunflowers are a favorite along with green beans. When I saw the deer I told Bohdin and Nyla to go chase it away. They just stood outside yelling at the deer but the deer just stared at them so I had to go out myself. The deer ran through the open back gate so I had the kids close it. I don't think it will keep the deer out but at least I can make him work for his food.
Bohdin has been reading a lot more lately. It's hard to believe that a few months ago I was wishing he would read more and now I am telling him to stop reading. Yesterday as we were walking out the door to go to the library he wanted to finish reading a book. He brought it with him. Inside the library he read a book while I did damage control with a walking Cora. She was a tornado and won't have the privilege of walking again any time soon. Cora actually walked out the door as I was checking out but the library guard picked her up before she got away. I collected Cora and couldn't find Bohdin. He was back in the kids' area reading another book. I checked out again and he read on the way to the grocery store. Inside the grocery store he walked slowly while reading the back of a cereal box. That reminds me that at the zoo he was more interested in the signs than the actual animals. It seems that he has finally discovered the wonders of reading.

2 comments:
try keeping the door to the bathroom closed too
We do try to leave the door shut when we aren't using it but she follows us in there when we are in there. The two toys this morning were right after I peed. She was ready to slip a toy in the second I stood up. I grabbed the toy and put it in the sink while Cora grabbed something else to throw in the toilet. I closed the lid before taking the next item to the sink.
Post a Comment