Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Glassblowing

Buddy had a coupon for the glassworks in town and Saturday was the last day to use it. He mostly watched but assisted a little as a cup was being made. We haven't picked the cup up yet. It's something that Buddy has always been interested in so it was a neat opportunity. The kids were bored but survived. Bohdin is old enough to do a fused glass project so we may take him back someday to do that.




Cora had a rough weekend with nights being the worst. Another tooth popped out unexpectedly on the bottom left. One on the top right looks like it will be out anytime and I may have seen something on the bottom right. Cora guards her mouth so it could be days before I know for certain. She has been sleeping horribly which means I've been sleeping horribly. That led to me being grumpy and short tempered. Bohdin cried tonight when I was reading to him because he felt that I didn't like him very much recently and I've been yelling a lot. I felt pretty bad.

This morning when I was in the kitchen I heard a different sounding cry from Cora. When I went to investigate in the living room I didn't see her there. She had climbed up the stairs and was waiting for someone to bring her back down. It was a "come get me cry". I was really proud that she did learn her lesson about coming down the steps. She still really likes to climb up them though. One of the barricades was down and she snuck past me. This doesn't mean that we are going to let her climb the stairs whenever she wants.

On the way downstairs this morning Bohdin was laying at the top of the stairs saying he wasn't ready to come down to breakfast. Nyla cried out in concern that he would die if he didn't come down and eat. She said she needed a brother and didn't want him to die. I thought it was really sweet.

I've been feeling guilty about how much time I've been spending with Cora over the weekend. She's been fussy and tired and has taken a lot of attention. I gave Bohdin a Playmobil toy I had stashed in the closet on Sunday and gave Nyla one on Monday. Her toy was a Hansel and Gretal set with parents, a witch, and some accessories so the story could be recreated. Nyla decided the name Gretal was okay but renamed the brother Pebble since he dropped pebbles to mark the path. The mom was named Carry because she came with a backpack type thing to carry things and the father was named Chop because he chopped down wood.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: