Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Birthday

Cora in her birthday dress crocheted by Nana


Nyla has been asking for a birthday cake from Costco for many many months. Bohdin tried to talk her into a homemade one but she wanted Costco. Sunday I took her to Costco to pick out her cake. It wasn't what I expected. She chose the chocolate cake with flowers which she dubbed the garden cake. It looked so tasty we decided to celebrate her birthday that day instead of Monday. She and I had planned out a large birthday party but I'm just not a good birthday organizer and we kept it a family affair.

Bohdin really liked the Playmobil setup I made for his fifth birthday so I decided to do something like it for Nyla. I ordered a few new pieces for her but couldn't put it on the cake because there wasn't any room. She liked it anyway. I'm disappointed I didn't get the table I ordered but that is the nature of ordering by the piece. We were able to use a pirate table that we already owned but it didn't go with the elegant new pink and gold chairs. She really likes those new chairs and I may get her more. She was playing with them tonight. On a side note, they asked me today if I could order Playmobil carseats for the kids. They said the kids get jostled around in the vehicles and need to be buckled up. I thought it was a funny idea but they are right about the Playmobil vehicles not being Playmobil child friendly. They are made to fit the adult perfectly.





Cora was looking really cute today and Buddy took lots of pictures of her that I loved. It was difficult to narrow it down to just the ones I have posted here. We gave her a slice of cake but she was not interested. It's funny that she has no qualms about putting rocks in her mouth but chocolate cake looks almost too disgusting to touch. She did manage to make a mess with it by smashing a toy in it. The toy went in her mouth so she indirectly tried it.




I wasn't going to give Nyla any Playmobil for her birthday but she was just so sad about not getting any toys that I caved. I have a stash hidden and I pulled something out for her. It wasn't the original gift I had in mind but only Bohdin minded. He was looking forward to her new toy and later asked if she could have that one as well. They will have to wait for Christmas probably. Nyla also received some books by Rosemary Wells, her favorite author, money, and a bag made by Nana.





Bohdin lost another tooth but managed to not eat this one. He wanted to save it instead of giving it to the tooth fairy so it's sitting in the bathroom for now. I'm not sure if he'll change his mind.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Keep them coming.