I'm finally on the mend again. I can't remember a time when I was sicker. Even the flu we had years ago was way milder than that. Well for me anyway. I did get it the worst. I really really hope that Buddy doesn't get it. My ear infection still persists but otherwise I'm good. Because I hadn't been feeling well I haven't pulled out the camera in a week. I have no new pictures. I thought I would post some videos but there was a catastrophic failure and they all disappeared when I was working on saving them. I was able to recover just a few. I lost Cora and Nyla dancing and Bohdin's magic trick of making Nyla disappear among others. I was really sad but Bohdin and Nyla said they could easily repeat it.
I do have one with Cora dancing but it is not the good one. I could only recover the bad one that I deleted. She loves dancing and any time she hears music even a jingle on the radio she will start bopping. Last week she also discovered spinning so she puts her arms out wide and spins around the room.
This video is a magic trick that Bohdin did back in June. It looked better when that piece of candy was bigger than a speck. He had a new magic trick this past weekend where he made Nyla disappear. He built a an elaborate box and blanket tunnel. Nyla would start in the box and when Bohdin said the magic words she would crawl out the back of the box into the tunnel. Bohdin would open the box and show that it was empty. They did a great job.
I recorded the kids at play a few weeks ago without them noticing. At the end Nyla breaks out in song which is very typical of her. Anybody who watches a musical and thinks it is unrealistic that people spontaneously break out into song and dance has not met Nyla.
Cora is sleeping next to me so I can't listen to the video but I think at one point she becomes screechy. She can actually outscreech Nyla. Cora has a much higher pitched screech. It's so high that one day when she was in my arms screaming I looked around the kitchen in disbelief afterward because not a single glass had shattered. I really had expected it to happen. Nyla still has Cora beat on the frequency of screeching by a long shot.
Last night when Buddy was laying with Bohdin and Nyla I came in the bedroom and suggested that Bohdin and Nyla lay together in her room to sleep and I would lay with daddy. Bohdin said "Cora can't sleep by herself. She's not even one year old yet." When I told him that most babies sleep by themselves he couldn't believe it. Cora is starting to sleep more soundly during her naps and I do get up from time to time but I need quiet time. I stay with her for my sanity as well as her needs. Without this quiet break I can become frazzled and moody later in the day.
At dinner last night a piece of squash fell from Nyla's plate so Buddy asked her to pick it up. Nyla just said "Do you want me to die?". I'm not sure if she ever picked up that piece of squash but I don't think picking it up would have killed her.
Speaking of squash we are in squash season. At first Bohdin was excited and gobbled it up. He would eat if for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but now he is already getting tired of it. I don't think he touched his squash last night. Nyla is becoming picky and hasn't had any at all.
2 comments:
"Anybody who watches a musical and thinks it is unrealistic that people spontaneously break out into song and dance has not met Nyla. "
Or large sections of my family . . .
That must be very interesting and entertaining.
Post a Comment