We started off in the kids area. There was a water play area shaped like the Great Lakes, a labyrinth, boardwalk, senses garden,play structure, and more that we didn't get to. Buddy and I knew we had limited time because eventually they would get too hot and hungry so we hurried them along to the Michigan farm area. They had it set up exactly the way our yard should be setup. We took some pictures and if time and money were no object we would transform our yard into something like it.
We took the boardwalk along the marsh back toward the sculpture gardens but Nyla was already beginning to fade. At one point she sat down and could not walk any further. I can't remember what the problem was at that point. There were so many that day. Once a lion scared her. Another time it was a fox that scared her. Then she was hot, her legs didn't work, we were walking too fast or slow, and countless other things. The tram was stopped near us and we hopped on. It allowed us to see some of the sculptures that the kids didn't have the energy or motivation to walk to. There were a lot we missed but it was better than missing them all.
We had a late lunch in Grand Rapids and then headed up to Traverse City. The kids got a little antsy along the way so we stopped in Cadillac. The town has a lake at its center so we stopped there. Bohdin, Nyla, and Cora had a chance to run or walk along the path and through the amphitheater near the shore. We crossed the street to the park and the kids ran through the sprinklers. Since Cora is a follower right now she followed them over to the sprinklers and was unable to dodge the spray the way Bohdin and Nyla were. As she stood in the spray getting wet she seemed upset and was signing all done. We changed her and started driving again.
Bohdin - I liked playing in the kid's area. I liked the butterfly maze. There were lots of sculptures and a lot of them were good.
Nyla - I loved all of it. I liked the silly statue. You should have taken a picture of it. I loved the flowers.
Buddy picked an apple for Cora from the apple tree. She held onto that thing for a long time. When we were on the tram she accidentally dropped it and was pretty sad.
Nyla can't go any further. This may have been the time the lion scared her. There was no lion.

1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORA!!
Post a Comment