Friday, July 15, 2011

Marriage

Bohdin was the first child awake Wednesday morning and he came in the bedroom to lay next to me for a while. I don't remember what I was thinking but I decided to ask him a silly question.
me - How many kids do you want when you grow up?
Bohdin - It's not my decision.
me - What do you mean? Why not?
Bohdin - Nyla will be the one having the babies. Since it is her body she gets to decide.

I went on to explain to Bohdin that he will NOT be marrying Nyla. He was confused but finally accepted it. I had to break the news to Nyla later that Bohdin would not be her husband as she was assuming as well. Except for the creepy sister wife part, I found his answer very sweet. He's going to be a good husband and father someday.

Bohdin and Nyla had cavities filled at the dentist yesterday. This dentist doesn't allow the parents in the back. I told the kids to watch out for each other. It's a big open room so they were nearby. When Bohdin was done the dentist told me that Bohdin is a glass half empty kind of guy. I was shocked since I would actually describe his as exactly the opposite. There are times his optimism is annoying really. When the dentist commented that things were going well during the procedure, Bohdin said something like "Maybe for you but not for me". The dentist thought that Bohdin was a pessimist but in reality Bohdin was in pain but didn't want to say anything. I told him before the appointment that he needed to speak up but he wouldn't. He said he just wanted to get it over with so he didn't say anything. I'm going to find a new dentist for him. I don't worry about Nyla. She is on the opposite end of the complaining spectrum. In the car on the way home I told Bohdin that he needs to complain more and Nyla needs to complain less. I don't think either will actually be able to accomplish that.

The library hosted a Pinkalicous party yesterday. Nyla had seen the fliers last month and has been eager to go. We arrived a bit late because Nyla decided she was starving right before we left and she couldn't decide what to wear. She wanted her pink dress but not the one I brought down for her. She finally decided on the octopus dress that wasn't quite done. The straps were pinned on instead of sewn but I wasn't going to argue. The funny thing is the dress is peach, orange, and white instead of pink. While we were figuring out what Nyla should wear Bohdin pulled out her Pinkalicious costume. She screamed no at the thought of wearing that but Bohdin held it up and said he just wanted to see what it would look like. I thought for a moment that this would work but she wanted the octopus dress. The libarary was packed. They have never had such good turnout for an event. Nyla cried for several minutes because there wasn't a good enough seat for her. Once the book reading was over they had crafts, a game, and pink cupcakes. We were one of the last to leave. Bohdin and Nyla played pin the cherry on the cupcake over and over again. They had a good time.


Bohdin and Nyla made marshmallow and toothpick creations. This is Bohdin's grid. Nyla made a small circle but the picture didn't turn out well.



The floor in what the kids refer to as daddy's workroom. There are still a few tiles missing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: