Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I don't have one

These pictures were taken the morning of the fourth. By evening quite a bit more was covered but I haven't taken a picture of that yet.




I was feeling a lot better until this morning when I woke up with pinkeye and probably an ear infection in my right ear. The ringing has been nonstop. Cora was not cool with me resting today so I am tired but wanted to get this done anyway.

Nyla came downstairs the other day and told me that one of her hurts was singing. She asked if I had ever seen that before. I didn't tell her that I couldn't hear it singing but I was able to honestly tell her that I had never seen it before.

Yesterday morning I talked to Bohdin about the new stage of Cora's life. He doesn't like me to come down to the basement because I make him clean while Cora destroys his intricate toy layout. Generally he tries to get me out of there as quickly as possible. Because of this and the fact that the house is so large I don't see Bohdin very much. I see Nyla more because she is still young enough to want to be with me sometimes. She wanders upstairs and plays with Cora or lets me read a book to her or play. We played mommy and Nyla with me as Nyla and her as mommy. I found it interesting how many times she called me honey and sweetie. I never call her that. She really enjoyed that game and we played a little bit today as well.

Back to Cora and Bohdin. In the process of sharing the challenges we'll be facing with a curious one year old I pulled out the blog book from when Nyla was this age. Bohdin, Nyla, and I looked over the pictures. When we were in December I read a little bit because that is almost Nyla's current age. I was surprised at the similarities. I had forgotten that Bohdin used to act like a four year old. He really enjoyed hearing about himself and I told him that I still write about his day. At dinner Bohdin asked if I knew how you make bubbles in a cup with a straw. Bohdin said, "You blow air in" Then Nyla interrupted and said "No! The bubbles are made in China!". Bohdin then proceeded to give a very long detailed explanation of making bubbles in a cup. He noticed that I had written down what Nyla said but not his response. Since it was so long I was just going to write that he gave a correct explanation but he wanted me to include this. Thankfully he shortened it. "You blow air through the straw and the air floats up as bubbles.".




I found an incomplete discontinued Playmobil castle on craigslist Monday and went to a store in Indiana to pick it up. There are a lot of reselling type stores in this area. It took me a while to find the correct booth and when I did there was a man standing in front of it asking his wife over the cell phone if he should get it. I swooped in and told him that I was getting it. I think he was a little stunned at first so just moved on but I saw him give me the evil eye later. Whatever. I only paid seventeen dollars. There aren't that many pieces missing. We've combined it with something we already owned and did some rearranging. The top looked better before Cora Destructo came through.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flooring is looking very nice

anna said...

The kids are getting so big! Hope you are all feeling better.