The kids really wanted to go to the beach again before heading home and we did try. It was raining in the morning but down south it was still clear. We did our best to beat the storm and we did but only by minutes. Nyla wanted to lay in the sand again but never had her chance. Bohdin barely got in the water. I was with Cora in the car because she was sleeping. I had just found a parking spot when the downpour came. I picked up a soaking wet Buddy, Bohdin, and Nyla. They changed in the car and we went to the pizza place nearby. Because the wait was so long we just placed an order and went to the carousel across the street. Nyla rode twice and during her second time Bohdin and I looked at the exhibits showing the amusement park that used to be on the beach. The children's museum was also in the same building but we vetoed Bohdin's request to go in. We picked up our pizza and headed home.
We were thinking about staying overnight in Indianapolis so we could go to Conner Prairie the next day but home was too close to resist. Plus the forecast for the next day was awful with the continued heat wave. We made it back home before 10pm after a two hour pit stop in Indy. It was a nice trip. Nyla said her favorite was the hotel. She was the only one who was mad to come home. Bohdin said he liked it all. Buddy's favorite was the Meijer Gardens. I can't pick a favorite either. I liked it all. I hope we can go back again someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment