My birthday started off really well when I slept until almost 9:30 with Bohdin and Cora. Nyla woke up before 8 but miraculously did not wake everybody else up. She had breakfast with Buddy and then watched a lot of tv. We laid in bed talking about the present they had wrapped the previous evening. I knew that it was alive so we talked about a lot of things it could have been like a puppy or cat. At one point I said that I hoped it was not a baby and they assured me it was not. Bohdin then asked if I wanted another brother and Nyla loudly interjected "Don't tell her what the present is".
We went to Costco to get a cake because I didn't want to spend the time to make one for myself. They had orchids for sale and the kids told me that it was my present. When Buddy came home I told him the kids had spilled the beans when they saw the orchids at Costco. I went on to add that they were selling hideous blue ones. A minute later I opened up my very own hideous blue orchid. I had thought it would be a different color. I don't like real flowers that are dyed unnatural colors. It was okay with everybody that I exchanged it for something else. The greeter at the grocery store couldn't believe I was returning such a beautiful plant.
After Nyla finished dinner first, she was very insistent that we do the cake right then. She struggled to wait patiently as everybody else finished eating. She was excited to sing Happy Birthday and sung it very nicely. Cora sat in her seat and gave us all dirty looks. It's a skill she has been perfecting this week. Right now it's pretty amusing but at some point it will just become annoying. Tonight at dinner she wanted Buddy's cup so he handed it to her. Cora looked into the empty cup and then gave Buddy a not very nice look. Who needs to speak with such expressive eyes?
Buddy has a four day weekend and has made a lot of progress on the kitchen. I took pictures but the camera is downstairs. The laundry room has a cabinet and door. There is dead space in one corner of the kitchen that now has two narrow stacked wall cabinets for my cook books. The island cover is cut out and almost everything has a door. We need to make one more trip to Ikea for additional pantry doors.
2 comments:
You returned something your kids chose for you??
It was a gift chosen without thought and they knew it.
Post a Comment