Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cable Found

The cable was inside a book. I think it may have been Bohdin who snatched the cable instead of Cora. That was lucky because if it had been Cora I could have been looking for weeks. I found a diaper in the neighbor's yard yesterday along with Cora. She has a big range for moving things.

The countertop is a sort of greenish brownish color with gold flecks. From a distance it just looks dark which is the look we were shooting for.


Cora looks very much like Cora in the next few pictures. Her expressions and personality were captured perfectly.





We have had a huge deer problem this year. Sunday morning there were two bucks and a doe in the yard. That day they practically killed our mulberry tree. In the past they have munched on pepper plants, tomato plants, and almost everything except the basil. We were unable to grow green beans at all because the deer wouldn't let them grow. We lost perhaps half of our tomato plants to them as well. We need to come up with a good plan before next year because this gardening year was too disappointing to repeat.




Buddy cut down the weeping cherry tree that blocked our view out of the the new kitchen. It wasn't the right plant for the location. The kids were really sad. They both said it was their favorite tree and cried for quite some time. I told them they could each choose a plant to put in its place but only Nyla was satisfied with that. She wants a pink tree with pink bark and a pink nest. Bohdin wanted the exact same tree. Even now days later he is still really sad. Nyla felt better soon after it was cut down. I said we could have a funeral for the tree but Nyla thought it needed a name first. She named it Sarah and said her goodbyes. The tree is actually still in the front yard and we haven't had the funeral yet but Nyla feels better. She waves hello to it sometimes.





The plumber came today to hook up the plumbing. We weren't ready for the dishwasher so it is still in the old kitchen. For the next little while I'll be straddling the two kitchen. This afternoon I made banana bread and cookies on the new counter and it was fabulous. I had room to spread out. The new kitchen is bigger than my last two kitchens combined. I need to enjoy it while I can because there is no telling how big the next kitchen will be. Cora likes the counter space as much as I do.  She finds it to be a perfect spot for being tall and dancing.  She gets mad when I don't lift her up there so she has just been climbing on top of the table and benches instead.  This morning I walked into the new kitchen to find Cora dancing on the table while Bohdin ate breakfast. 




Cora was grinding her teeth tonight which was unbearably annoying. I caught her in the act.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Hope you get to enjoy your spacious kitchen for many years.

anna said...

The new kitchen is beautiful. What are you going to do with the old one when the new is complete?

Helen said...

It will be a bathroom.