I was going to post pictures of the countertops that were mostly installed last Friday but Cora seems to have run away with the cord at some point. After 10 minutes of searching I am not much closer to finding it. Cora is an expert hider so there is no telling when it turns up again.
The plumbers are coming tomorrow to finish up the plumbing. I'm so excited because it finally looks like a kitchen. We've put some of the pulls in place and tomorrow I will try to move stuff over. The fridge will be moving over tomorrow and I'll probably start cooking there as well. I only have two functional burners because we never fixed the broken grate thing after the drywallers broke it. That will move up on the to do list. We also need the granite people to come out and finish the job. We have had a lot of drama with them. They hate me I think as much as I hate them. I wish they would just finish up so we never have to deal with each other again.
Buddy claims that Cora behaves very well for him when he takes her to the store. I find that hard to believe because she doesn't do great for me. She stands in the basket despite the buckle. She wants me to hold her or she wants to get down and run away. We saw a 16 month old at the store tonight that was nicely following her mother around while she browsed. Cora, in the very same store, likes to run away. I'm zero for three on little toddlers that will stay close. Cora is definitely the worst since she is so mischievous. She thinks it is funny. On Saturday we went to a lighting store and Lowes so Buddy was able to see first hand that Cora behaves horribly. He says that she only does that with me. Perhaps that is true. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Or maybe he just hasn't had her out often enough to experience this. Sometimes she does fine for me also but not every time.
I was reading the blog entries from three years ago to Bohdin and Nyla last night so they could see what Nyla was like at Cora's age. Cora is entering the age where she wants everything that Nyla has. If Nyla is drawing, she wants the marker that Nyla is using and not any other. If Nyla is playing with a doll, she wants that doll and no other. When I explained the situation to Nyla she seemed incredibly mature about it. We'll see how that works out with her temper. Anyway, I noticed that I used to write the things Bohdin would tell me and I don't do that much for Nyla. Right now Nyla likes to talk to me about Nina who is her imaginary fairy friend. Maybe friend isn't the right word but I can't think of a better one. The other night we talked about Nina's surprise party the next day at our house. Nyla told me about Nina's house and her mother whom I would meet soon. This past week has been mostly Nina stuff which is vastly better than the previous fairies who would want to visit.
The neighbor girls came over last night and Buddy and I were not excited. The last time they were over about two weeks ago they left the basement a mess while doing art. I thought making Bohdin and Nyla clean up their mess would keep them from wanting them over again but it didn't work. Those girls really wanted to come inside but we wouldn't let them. They had to play in the yard which didn't work out either. One of them broke Bohdin's plasma car within moments of getting on. Those girls are crazy so I'm glad winter is coming. We won't see much of them as the weather cools.
No comments:
Post a Comment