Monday, October 10, 2011

Runaway

It sounded like there was some surprise that I would return a gift given to me by my children. They originally wanted to get me a new sewing machine which was an awesome idea. However three weeks ago Buddy vetoed the new tv idea they had for him because it was too expensive, so in fairness I declined the expensive gift as well. Buddy was concerned about the money we are spending in the kitchen right now and thought it would be better to wait. So I reluctantly said no to the sewing machine. The night before my birthday they went to the supercenter to look around. The plant was the best thing they came up with although it sounds like a fish was in the running. I returned the orchid and bought the soundtrack to Wicked instead. I had checked it out from the library in the spring and we all enjoyed listening to it. When I asked them a few minutes ago how they felt about that they both said I made the right decision. The music was a better present and Nyla said the songs reminded her of me.

Cora is beginning to play outside with Bohdin and Nyla more. It is both good and bad. It's good that she is getting older and more independent but on the other hand she is my least trustworthy baby. Her new idea of fun is running into the street. We have to close the back gate now to keep her in because Bohdin has had issues trying to get her off the street. This weekend we left the front door open without thinking and soon I heard Nyla making a lot of noise. I ran out the door to find Nyla trying her best to drag Cora out of the road while a car was passing. The car saw them so was going quite slow. There are teenagers in the neighborhood that are not so cautious so we are lucky that it ended well. Nyla used to like playing with Cora on the front step but they can't do that until Cora is past this phase.

In the backyard our little daredevil has found a new source of fun. Cora climbs into the stroller with Nyla and then Bohdin lets go as they go down the slight incline toward the tree. Sometimes Bohdin catches them and stops the stroller but Cora likes it better when Bohdin lets it go and they run into the pile of wood with a bump. We had to put a stop to that. I can't imagine what the next thing will be. I know Cora wanted to play with the lawn mower a lot last week and tried to tip it over. When I took her for her 12 month checkup I told the doctor if I ever have to call poison control for a kid it will be Cora. I stand by that statement. She looks for trouble.












Buddy has funeral detail this month and brought home a bugle for today's funeral. Bohdin wanted to try it and did better than I expected. I didn't think he would be able to play a note at all but he sounded like a beginning bugle player. It seems that he has been interested in musical instruments lately. He wants to get a piano for his birthday. I'm going to start searching craigslist for a decent and affordable digital piano. That would probably be his Christmas present since I have actually bought his birthday present. He doesn't know it yet but I found a deal on the Denver craigslist for a Playmobil engine. Paul was kind enough to help me out with one of the biggest scores I've had. I was able to get it for one third of the price of the same thing on Ebay. He's a lucky kid because it was the only
way he was going to get one.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: