Thursday, October 13, 2011
Mouse
We've had mouse issues the past few weeks but numerous traps have failed to catch any mice. This morning when I walked into the new kitchen to help Nyla with breakfast I saw a glue trap with a mouse on it. I have a very strong aversion to mice in my home and wouldn't go anywhere near it. Nyla went close, waved, and said hello. She thought we ought to let it go so it could be with its family while I was thinking we ought to put it on a pike outside the garage as a warning. Cora and I were in the old kitchen getting her breakfast when I heard loud squeaking. It was an unfamiliar noise so I went to investigate. When I asked Nyla if she was making the noise she said that it was the mouse. The mouse had been completely still earlier and appeared dead so I was uncertain. Nyla went to look and there were now two mice on the glue board. I went upstairs to wake Bohdin up since we had to leave for Lego League in 10 minutes and tell him what was going on downstairs. While he dressed himself I went back down. Nyla wanted me to look at the mice so I went closer and saw only one. Another mouse was slowly crawling away. The sticky glue was making it difficult. We went into the kitchen and grabbed a large plastic container. I shoved it at Nyla and told her since she was the brave one she needed to catch the mouse that was trying to escape. She said no so I told her I would pay her five dollars if she caught a mouse. She grabbed the container and went to find the mouse. We took too long and the mouse had disappeared. The first mouse was still on the glue trap and was trying hard to escape. Bohdin was down by this point and I told him I would pay him five dollars to get rid of that mouse. He picked up the trap, put it in an old oatmeal container, and threw it in the trash. He thought it was an easy way to make five dollars and I didn't have to do it myself. It was a win win situation. This evening Bohdin set up five more traps. I will gladly pay him to catch more mice. They have come into the basement as well and the thought of them walking all over my stuff really creeps me out. I hope I'm paying Bohdin more money tomorrow.
1 comment:
Ugh. I didn't realize that they could crawl off of the sticky traps. I thought once they were caught, they were stuck. Good to know, and gross. Greg is the mouse thrower outer in our house.
Post a Comment