Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Babyproofing

Nyla has been getting into things I wish she wouldn't so I've been thinking about baby proofing lately. We have the kind of latches that you push down to open a cabinet but Nyla has figured those out. Bohdin didn't require any special measures because he was good at staying out of things once told not to touch. (Paul might disagree here but he has a very very low tolerance of mess) Upon reflection, I realized that Nyla is trying to get the same things that Bohdin touches regularly. She wants the plastic bags, the dishwasher detergent, the straws, etc. I've moved the saran wrap and stuff but I didn't know if I should get something stronger. As long as she contains herself to her current items I'll leave it the way it is. I will probably rearrange the bathroom though. I don't need her eating my contact lenses.

Nyla's novelty with the potty has worn off. I think she may have thought she wouldn't need her butt wiped if she pooped on the potty. Since that is not the case, she lost interest. Someday it will happen.

We went to the playground last night and there were quite a few little boys there. They invented a funny slide game that had them and me laughing. It was good to see Bohdin have so much fun. I wish fall could last forever. It's unlikely we'll see so many people when the weather turns cold. It will actually be hard when the days get shorter too. Almost everybody works around here. It will be too dark after work to take their kids to the playground. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: