Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brown stuff everywhere

When I talked to Buddy on the phone tonight he said I hadn't done a blog post for several days. After some thought I realized this wasn't true. I did write a post yesterday it just didn't post. We have spotty internet service.

Yesterday Bohdin and I had a dentist appointment. I was surprised to find out that Bohdin was scared. He has been to the dentist before and everything seemed fine. It could just be an age thing. He thinks I left him home all by himself to go to the grocery store one time. That is nowhere near true. Anyway, I talked to Bohdin about the dentist. When we went in he didn't seem too frightened. The dentist was really nice and gentle. I ended up holding Bohdin in my arms while she checked him out. Nyla climbed up behind me into the dentist's chair. My appointment was a bit longer since they did xrays and non gentle cleaning. We had the same lady but my mouth felt assaulted at the end. Bohdin picked out a pink and yellow Dora toothbrush for himself. He spent a lot of time looking through the small prizes but never chose one. The office staff ended up holding Nyla for a while. She was not as cooperative as Bohdin.

Nothing else has been going on here. We've all been hot and grumpy and hungry. Our building was power washed yesterday so we had to have the windows closed. It felt really hot inside today and we were all sweating. It should cool down a bit soon. We might need to go grocery shopping as well.

I had a sweet tooth at the store today so we decided to make cookies. We went to play at N-'s house first and Bohdin was exhausted on the way home and nearly fell asleep. Despite being tired he wanted to make the dough anyway. We made a sugar cookie dough to roll out tomorrow and a chocolate drop cookie with chocolate chips, walnuts, and marshmallows. I put them in the oven after Bohdin had fallen asleep. Nyla was still awake and playing without a diaper on. She ended up pooping right next to me. Of course Nyla had to point out her achievement. It excites her to see her own poop. As I was cleaning it she would point repeatedly to it and say "heh heh heh". It almost sounded like she was laughing at me. As soon as I was done I had to take out the brown chocolate cookies from the oven. It seemed like cruel timing to go from a brown mess on the floor to a brown lumpy cookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one cure for a sweet tooth...........