Sunday, October 19, 2008

Change and a really long tongue

 
 

Nyla is close to 2 weeks old in the first picture. None of us knew how our lives could change in 14 months. Bohdin bears the brunt of it since she has to have everything he has.

We were reading a book and at the end Bohdin mentioned a frog he saw that had a really long tongue that could catch bugs. This led to us trying to touch our noses with our tongues and then a collaborative story...

Once upon a time there was a boy named Bohdin who had many long tongues. He used these long tongues to complete many tasks. While laying in bed he could stretch his tongue out to the kitchen and grab an apple. A tongue would wrap around a cup and take it to the kitchen. Another tongue would turn on the faucet to fill the cup with water. That's not all that the tongue could do. Bohdin would be able to hold a towel with his long strong tongue and dry his mommy after a bath or shower. His tongue could hold a blow dryer and dry her hair. All of his tongues would be able to do lots of things for him. The end.

Nyla has had a runny nose now for two days and this will be the third night. I hope she improves soon not so much for her sake but ours. It sounds like a chainsaw at night. She and Bohdin sleep through it but it sure bugs Buddy and I. I hope Bohdin doesn't get it but it seems unlikely. They share drinks and food. Nyla insists on eating the things off of Bohdin's plate. She will no longer sit in her high chair. I'll put it away as soon as I come to terms with her no longer being a little baby. I'm still holding out a little hope that I can corral her for at least a few minutes of the day. When I write that I can see how ridiculous my hope is. This is not a child that can be held back. She has more determination than anybody I know.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

P said...

great story, but it ends rather abruptly.

Anonymous said...

I had almost forgotten the dark hair Nyla had when she was born, that sure changed. So did anyone touch his/her own nose?? The leaves out the window look pretty; one can tell it is fall!