Yesterday we went with N- to the nature preserve that is a short walk from here. He and N- play best together outside in nature. They had a great time and did a ton of fun things. They're both young so there was some frustration in there as well. Bohdin found a very long stick and they decided they would carry it together. That was great until Bohdin wanted to put the stick down. They threw rocks and sticks in the pond, looked through binoculars at each other, played with Bohdin's cars in the soil. Nyla did several of these things as well. Bohdin's anger came when N- found a large dinosaur bone (rock) and Bohdin wanted one also. There were many small rocks around but only the one big one. Eventually he found 3 smaller dinosaur bones and was happy that he had more. Walking back, they found small branches with lots of leaves and used them as weapons against each other. They had a blast until Bohdin was done but N- wasn't. They later climbed trees. I loved seeing how they worked together to find fun things to do. They leaned against trees together and slid down a hill after each other.
Nyla continues to watch and copy the things we do. The other day she tried to wipe Bohdin's butt. She was mad one day when I wouldn't let her brush Bohdin's teeth while he was sleeping. She sat on my lap when I was getting a cavity filled the other day and was mesmerized with what they were doing. When I saw her watching so intently I realized this was not a good thing. Someday she is going to come after me in my sleep with a sharp utensil.
Playing with the cash register
Rocking together
In the wagon together

1 comment:
too bad they don't have sound blogs yet. I can picture that whee whee whee sound in horror movies when someone has a knife.
Post a Comment