Another of the books I read discussed the difference between extroverts and introverts. Everybody needs to recharge somehow throughout the day. Extroverts do it by talking to others while introverts do it with quiet alone time. I had never looked at it that way. Buddy and I are both introverts. This is what makes traveling with two kids a hassle for me. I don't get any breaks. At home, sometimes I can escape for 5 minutes by myself (like now). When we're traveling that's not possible because there isn't a room between me and Bohdin ever. Whenever Nyla falls asleep in the car and wakes up before getting home I feel ripped off because that is the time I need to take for myself. Nothing in the book really helped with the kids but it did shed some light on me and my needs. I think Bohdin may be an introvert and Nyla an extrovert but I'm not sure yet.
I was talking to Bohdin the other day about people having food preferences. I said I didn't really like the strawberry milk that he likes to drink. I also don't like chocolate milk unless it's hot. Bohdin said he doesn't like hot chocolate because it makes his body too warm. Bohdin frequently asks for cold drinks to cool his stomach. He's the warmest person I know. It's actually getting better. He used to be way too hot and now he's just a bit too hot. I don't know if he'll ever wear a jacket though. I didn't even bother buying him one for this winter. I'm not sure he ever wore one last winter although I certainly felt jackets were justified on occasion.
Bohdin also used to have a hard time dealing with the change from shorts and short sleeve shirts to long things. He didn't like the feel of the transition. He would tug at his shirts to make them longer for instance. We didn't have that problem this season.
Last night I was reading to Bohdin. Our last book was interrupted to Buddy took over. Bohdin told Buddy over and over to "read it the right way". That means you have to follow the words. I don't know why he doesn't trust Buddy's reading.
1 comment:
I just asked Bohdin if he felt "hot" and he said no that he is just right. But he did say that hot chocolate is too hot.
Post a Comment