Thursday, August 13, 2009

Goodbye tomatoes

When we checked the mail yesterday we found a letter stating our violation of community rules. We are not allowed to have plants hanging over the balcony rail. Both tomato plants and the squash were breaking the code. Buddy brought both tomato plants indoors. Grandma and Bohdin picked lots of the tiny grape tomatoes from my plant. I think they picked a few from his plant as well. They are now at N-'s house. I don't know what will become of them. Bohdin gave N- harvesting instructions. He wanted him to know that his tomatoes were ready when they were a little bit orange. I suppose we could drive by every few days to take care of them. I don't know if we will.






Grandma has been walking the kids to the nearby grocery store. Yesterday they each came home with a cookie. I asked Bohdin if he had saved some for me. "No. I thought about saving some for Nyla but I didn't decide yes." It's great that he's looking out for his sister but she already had her own cookie. What about mommy? It was very strange for Grandma to get the cookies anyway. We were never allowed such things as children. When she took them tonight they came back with the American cheese in wrappers which Bohdin adores but I rarely buy. Again another product my mom would never ever dream of buying for her own children. Bohdin totally took advantage of her. When he is with me he asks for lots of stuff but knows that only I can put things in the basket or rather have final say of what goes in. When I talked to him about his tonight he knew the rule but thought that when I wasn't there that he was in charge. Apparently he is right because when he goes shopping with anybody else lots of things make their way home.

My absence affected both kids probably but Nyla more than Bohdin. My first night back she clung to me. A piece of paper couldn't have fit between us. Last night was better and tonight may be back to normal. She is still really clingy during the day. Grandma says she does just fine out of the house so that's good. I truly appreciate all of the help I've had. I haven't made food, cleaned, or done much of anything since coming back from the hospital. Buddy still hasn't been back to work although he will most likely go back tomorrow. With two adults in the house replacing me the house looks about the same as it usually does which is slightly on the messy side. The kids don't do anything fun out of the ordinary. It appears I can do the work of two people or they can only do the work of half. Bohdin needed a diversion today so I made him some bubble solution. He calls it overflowing bubbles.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad you had to lose your garden. It was doing way better than mine.