Thursday, August 6, 2009

Upbeat

Paul doesn't like the recent blog topics and I don't either but it's important to document. Memory is unreliable. I'll move onto other things though. After a long break from spelling lessons we did one yesterday. Bohdin did fine although he had a few wrong. He had to change the vowel to make a new word. For example, I would spell ham and Bohdin would change it to him. He had at least 70% right on the first try but that wasn't good enough for him. He threw down a letter in frustration and ran off. Talking to him later he said he didn't like being wrong. I don't think our talk will have much effect on him. His perfectionism is something he will battle for a long time if not forever. I've noticed that Bohdin also has very little patience for repetition in school work. If he understands a concept he doesn't want to do it a million times. Obviously nobody likes to do that but he seems to have a very low tolerance for it. We're still in the early stages and we both have a lot of learning to do before we discover what works best for the both of us.

Here is Bohdin playing hide and seek sort of. He hides and I have to wonder where he is. If I actually do discover him he gets mad. He thinks it's a much funner game than I do.
f

Bohdin built a "pillow playground" yesterday. He climbed to the top and then rolled off.


Riding together. I love when they come up with this stuff on their own.


Nyla is fully aware that this is a mommy knife. She told me when I asked her. She understands that she can use the butter knife but not the mommy knife. Apparently rules are for others. Luckily this knife is super dull. We use it just to open packages not for food prep.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

coree said...

I like the picture about the mommy knife!